‘time to talk’™ Tier 2 training
2 Full day sessions completed over a 2 week period available to practitioners who have completed Tier 1 training
Tier 2 training provides practitioners with an in-depth understanding of the 5 key aspects of speech, language and communication development and support in babies and young children. Practitioners will have a greater understanding of how these aspects typically develop and will be given opportunities to explore what happens when development is not progressing as expected. Strategies which optimise the development of excellent speech, language and communication skills will be explained and reinforced through practical activities and reflection tasks. Practitioners will be provided with knowledge and tools to identify and support speech, language and communication difficulties. Sessions include video reflection and self directed learning to ensure practitioners are providing excellent interaction opportunities with the children in their setting.
Video reflection is a compulsory part of the tier 2 training. Feedback form practitioners who attend training is consistently positive. Prior to training delegates are required to complete a small video of themselves interacting with a child in a one to one play interaction. Delegates are then requested to bring that clip to the first training day. Please click on the link below to find out more information and to download the relevant consent form.
As a result of the training you will have an understanding of:
- how speech, language and communication skills develop in babies and young children
- how to identify children in need of additional support
- strategies which optimise the development of excellent speech, language and communication skills
- planning for supporting the development of excellent speech, language and communication skills
- the development of excellent practitioner skills
- the role of practitioners in supporting young children’s communication skills